Royal Golf Club Mariánské Lázně
|No. of holes:||18|
|Services:||pitch and putt course, teaching pros, locker rooms, club and cart rental, restaurant|
The opening of the Marianske Lazne golf course was conducted by His Majesty King Edward VII on August 21st, 1905. The golf club at Marianske Lazne is the only golf course in Central Europe with such a distinguished past. In 2003, HM Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom, has granted the Golf Club in Marianske Lazne the right to use the title Royal Golf Club. Due to its position 760 meters above sea level, the playing season opens later than most other courses in the country. The course is nevertheless well maintained and challenging for players of all categories. Greens are on the small side, well guarded by bunkers and the fairways are lined by dense and tall trees. This masterful golf course hosted also several PGA European Tour tournaments (1994, 1995, 1996, St. Andrews Trophy 2006) with the participation of prominent world class players.